My ninja cat almost took me out this morning. I was halfway down the stairs when she materialized out of nowhere and decided it was time to finish her training and ascend to the level of jonin. Apparently that meant winding her way through my legs while I was mid-step. She’s sitting tall and proud, a noble representative of her people. I have clean shorts on now, but my heart is still racing.
I’ll just drink some more of this tar. I mean coffee. That’ll calm me down. *sssssip* *choke* *sizzle* *moan* Can’t…feel…my…tongue.
I was looking at the news this morning and a few headlines just popped out at me. I’m not even going to ramble for awhile. I did a bunch of rambling yesterday (NEW HORIZONS WOOT!!!!) and I really just want to get in to some silly fun. What better way to shake off the terror of ninja Kitty’s training and early morning coffee than to…
You know what? I was going to cue the go-go dancers, but I think we’re going to keep up with the “something a little different” theme today is shaping up to have. Strike up the band, put your coffee down and join the girls on the stage. Audience participation day!
“Oh, no, Bethie.”
Come on. Do it!
“Really, I couldn’t…”
Aw now, it’ll be fun! You’ll see. Cut loose for once.
“Welllll…. *whips off robe to uncover dancing costume*”
There ya go! Now, it’s time for a….
*** HEADLINE ROUNDUP ***
Wow. I had no idea you could moonwalk. Look at those gams! Did you borrow the pasties from one of the girls, or….you know what? Forget I asked. To each their own, right?
For those who aren’t familiar with the Roundup, every so often I read a headline or two that strikes my fancy. Perhaps it’s poorly worded, or contains unforgivable grammar mistakes. Sometimes they’re misleading. And sometimes they just take my weird mind down an unintended path. I’ll gather these headlines up and present them to you in one easy to digest article…with jokes. As always, these headlines appear as written on real news sites, and are 100% legitimate. I just supply the 99.44% all natural commentary. Shall we begin?
– Cruz Calls for ‘Immediate Investigation’ Into Planned Parenthood
Why is this muppet still around? Go buy some more of your own books, Ted.
– Your Data is Compromised. (Yes, Yours.) What Now?
*blink**blink* Well that escalated quickly.
– When the End of Human Civilization is Your Day Job
Eh, somebody’s gotta do it.
– China is Using Televised Confessions to Shame Detained Lawyers, Journalists and Activists
Ooooh, so close, China. You did a good job with the lawyers, but that’s where you should have drawn the line. People don’t want to see journalists and activists publicly shamed. You have to shame them in private. Nice attempt to fit in with the rest of the “civilized” world, B-.
– Harvard Researchers Have the Answers to Raising Good Kids
And for the low, low price of $19.99, you, too, can join the millions of people who have taken the Home with Harvard online seminar. But wait, there’s more! If you act now…
– French Company Designs Face-to-face Airplane Seating
Because it’s not really des vacances until you can smell the fetid fromage wafting from your cell mate’s…er…I mean, SEAT mate’s drooling maw.
– Worst Dark Chocolates for Weight Loss
I’m going to go out on a limb here and say “any.” Any dark chocolates are probably bad for weight loss.
– NASA Returns Sesame Street Goodies from Space
Good. You shouldn’t have taken them in the first place, NASA! Now say you’re sorry, then go to your room and think about what you’ve done.
– Michelle Obama Reveals her Dance Inspiration on SYTYCD
…Sittisid? What the fuck is sittisid? Is that like, one of those EDM drugs?? Why is our First Lady on it?? Do you think we should start a campaign to make people aware and help her get off the stuff? You can do it, Mrs. Obama! Reach deep inside and find the clean and healthy you!!! #FreeMichelle
– Craft Sends Signal From Near Pluto
WHAT!?! A mysterious craft sends us a message!?! HOLY SHIT…ALIENS!!!!!???? I better click on this article RIGHT NOW and…
…*grumble* Never mind. Damn your click bait, Vox.
– Don’t Microwave Those Leftovers; it Could Lead to Diabetes
…especially if you’re microwaving chocolate cake. That’ll ‘prolly not be the best for ya…
– Find Out Who Justin Bieber Has a ‘Big Crush’ On
– Trout Leads Off with Homer
How in the hell does a fish swing a bat? Mind. Blown.
– All-Star Game Hats are Terrible, Worthy of Scorn
And so I say to you, shun them. Turn your backs and shun the head coverings of Satan, for they are wicked and deserving of your contempt.
– Trump Campaign Mistakenly Tweets Star-Spangled Nazis
What’s the term for a Freudian slip that’s made over texts? #FreudianBlip
– LGBT Immigrants Taking A More Forceful Stand as Reform Efforts Languish
LGBT? Check. Immigration law? Check. Protests? Check. Controversial flags? … … no controversial flags? Damn. I was one away from “Hot Button Bingo”.
– PETA Says Sea World Employee Masqueraded as Animal Activist
Well, well, well. The tables have turned.
*author’s note: I’m not supporting Sea World. I support the conservation work they do, and the care and rehabilitation they offer injured animals, but I cannot support them as an organization until they stop taking large, healthy animals from the wild and sticking them inside tiny fish bowls. However, I hate PETA, and I think it’s comically idiotic that they’re getting pissed about the switcheroo now that it’s going the other direction. In a nutshell, suck it up PETA and take it like a man-imal.*
– The Name Atticus Acquires an Unwelcome Association
As if we really need another reason not to name our kid “Atticus”.
– Presidential Election Already Fueled By $377 Million
And that’s why we citizens can’t have nice things.
– Inside the Florida Town that’s Known as the ‘Psychic Capitol of the World’
I think you spelled “psychotic” wrong…
– Mo. County to Rescind Plan to ‘Mourn’ Gay Marriage Ruling
SMH…I mean…*sigh*…good for them? I guess? Give them a cookie for doing what they were supposed to do in the first place? Or, not doing what they…you know what I mean. Oh, Mo.
– Agency Faulted for Inaction After California Oil Spill
In all fairness, betting on which seagull bobbing in the water was going to get covered in oil first was, technically, action…
– Apple Watch: Not Dead Yet
Keep telling yourself that, Apple.
– Fla. Man Struck By Wife in Fight Over Confederate Flag: Cops
With all the psychic activity in Florida, I’m surprised he didn’t see that coming.
– What the Iran Nuclear Deal Means for Pistachio Lovers
Ok. I understand that when news breaks every news outlet scrambles for a different take on the story. But…pistachios? Really? That’s your “A” game, IBT?
– Why You Can’t Eat Just One Fry (Or Donut or Pizza Slice)
Because they’re fucking delicious. No need to complicate it with science, Quartz.
– Threats Force Satan Statue Unveiling to Secret Detroit Venue
Aw, lookit the controversial artist trying to be all big and tough and relevant. Soooo close, too. Next time, don’t wimp out at the showing.
– Chinese Company Worships Steve Jobs with Golden Bust
No golden idol worshiping, China. Bad China. Bad.
– Biofuel Made from Beer is Now Powering Cars in New Zealand
If a self-driving car is powered by beer, can it get pulled over for DUI??
– New CEO: Some People on Reddit ‘Shouldn’t Be Here At All’
Welcome to the internet, man.
– Door-Knocking Iowa Homeschoolers Courted by Republican Suitors
“Door-knocking homeschoolers?” Is this some weird midwest double entendre? Gross, Iowa.
– The Internet of Things Goes After Kids
Huh? This makes less sense than the Iowa headline. What’s going on, AP? You feeling all right? I’m starting to worry.
– Gold Bust of Kate Moss, Now What?
CHINA!!! Stop it this instant!
– Brandy Sings on Subway, No One Notices
I’m torn here. As a human being, I feel bad for her. But as a user of the internet for over half my life… *snort*
– For Traditional Ear Cleaner in India, Business Waning
Odd. Usually it’s waxing.
*author’s note: I wasn’t gonna, then I was like ‘Welp, at this point, it’s kind of expected…’ Blame yourselves for the puns, readers. If you expect the worst out of me, you’re going to get it.*
– The Sex Offender Test
1. Are you a sex offender?
If you answered “yes”, then congratulations! Your scores have qualified you to be a sex offender! Please purchase a white panel van, an over coat, and candy at your earliest convenience.
– Grande Apologizes for Donut Licking
It’s okay, hon. We’ve all been there. *see scientific explanation earlier in post*
– What Does Your Last Name Say About You?
I’m no expert or anything, but I’m pretty sure it usually says who your parents are.
– Why The Iran Deal Made Obama Critics So Angry
Because ANYTHING Obama does makes his critics angry! Is there really need for an article here?
– Brave Teen Who Survived Plane Crash That Killed Her Grandparents is Released From Hospital and is Treated To McDonald’s
Today’s plane crash proudly sponsored by McDonald’s. Because nothing makes you feel better after a horrific tragedy filled with terror, agony, death, and torture like a Happy Meal! #I’mLovin’It
Thus concludes an unexpected Roundup for Wednesday, July 15, 2015. Today is “Prime Day.” Not as thrilling as yesterday’s New Horizon day (which was FABULOUS, wasn’t it!?! Even if we didn’t see any aliens waving at us…). Tomorrow will be the Christian feast day honoring Gondulphus of Tongeren. Just a reminder in case you forgot and need to run out and pick up a Gondulphus card before it’s too late. #IGotYourBack